Healing Music to benefit Relay for Life

Published: February 9, 2010
Source: Orangeburg Times Democrat
Category:
Media:

On Sunday, Feb. 14, a local cancer survivor will present a concert to demonstrate the healing power of music and benefit the 2010 Orangeburg County Relay for Life. Healing Music II, set for 4 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, will feature Sylvia Trimmier, director of music at First Presbyterian Church; soprano and 2008 Orangeburg Idol winner Eden Graves; and cellist and former INine band member Bryan Gibson.

I think most cancer survivors feel a need to give back in some way, and this is the best way that I know how to give back,” Trimmier said. “A lot of people are saying, ‘Why are you calling it healing music?’ As I was getting over the cancer and the treatments and getting my strength back, practicing music became a very healing thing for me. It can be a healing agent not just physically, but mentally, psychologically and emotionally.

Modality: